8.07.2012

Lattice Headband

Hi! I got this headband/hat a while ago, but I thought I should do a post on it since I've always wondered about it. I'm not quite sure what era it's from, or how exactly to wear it. It has a really nice ivory colored velour, velvety texture, and seems to be constructed with wire.




 (I put the bows there to hold it better on my head)

I think this is the way you wear it, but I saw Rachel McAdams wear one similar in the Notebook, but behind her head. Is it for formal purposes, like a wedding? Or is it just an everyday headband? Since it's ivory and has the wonderful texture, it leans me more towards formal, but I don't know. Hopefully you can think of some ideas, because It's such a unique piece, I'd like to learn more about it! Let me know what you think.


Ivy

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, that sure is pretty! I would have no clue as to how it's supposed to be worn though. Hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much like your red locks themselves, this headband is absolutely beautiful. Done up in a soft cream like this, it looks wedding worth.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all your hrad pieces on your blog. so gorgeous!!!

    i follow!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah its so beautiful and unique. looks very lovely in your red locks!

    love jaimee
    www.hollyhocksandpolkadots.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coolest thing ever! Perfect for hat shy people like me, who want the cuteness of a vintage hat without the commitment. :P Wearing hats is a work in progress for me.

    ReplyDelete