11.04.2012

OOTD: Feeling minky!

Good day, readers!

I went to a few vintage shops today and got some nice items. The first piece I bought was a mink collar in a lovely ivory color for $14. It's nice to have a fur that's a light color, and one that looks clean! I got pretty lucky. My cat doesn't quite know how to react, though. I also got two cute postcards for $1 each, a Valentine's day one and a Happy Birthday one. Before we went shopping, I had planned on doing an Outfit of the Day. So when I bought the mink, it was a great little addition to this day's outfit! Here are some pictures.

Slacks: Handmade, Click here for Pattern
Blouse: Forever21
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: Target



Have a nice week, darlings!
Should I wear this mink for a Christmas OOTD?
Let me know so I can brainstorm!
Ivy

9 comments:

  1. Ooh what a find! I would try to find a matching muff and hat (not too difficult on ebay/etsy), team the lot with a cape and glide elegantly about on an outdoor skating rink. Sigh. If only my skating efforts didn't resemble a knock-kneed drunk baby deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit and I love the ivory mink. All of mine are brown or black. I really must find a pretty creamy one for this winter! Those pants are too cute. I've been eyeing that pattern for a long time. Maybe this winter will give me more time to sew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to see you have a go at the slacks! You're much more experienced than I, I'm sure you'd get it done in a jiffy!
      Ivy

      Delete
  3. Oo, I love the slacks. I've been meaning to make a pair. That mink is gorgeous, too! I have a white rabbit capelet, but it's a much larger piece. I definitely think you should incorporate your new find into your winter wardrobe, and it would look absolutely charming for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one day I should go through my closet and try and put some outfits together for in the future. I feel so luxurious when I'm wearing the fur! I wonder what the woman who wore it back in the day was like.

      Ivy

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous outfit and mink collar! I so, so wish I could vintage some vintage or repro trousers that looked half as good on me as this pair does on you (it always seems the ones I buy end up being much to big or just a hair too small, even though I buy the supposedly correct size for my measurements). I'm not a sewer really, so making my own isn't in the cards anytime soon, but I'll never give up the search for a pair that works well.

    For sure, I think this collar would look splendid fashioned as part of a holiday outfit - perhaps with some dark red or forest green velvet.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good idea! I will keep that in mind :)

      Ivy

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness you are so stunningly gorgeous! You yourself and this outfit really reminds me of Evan Rachel Wood's character in Mildred Pierce!
    So glad I've found your blog, I'm putting you on my reading list lovely :)

    ReplyDelete